2015 Great Plains TC5109
If your goal is to size and incorporate residue in the top 8-12" of soil while leaving the soil level enough for a single-pass tool in the spring, the Great Plains Turbo-Chisel® is the tool of choice!
Great Plains’ exclusive 22" Turbo Coulters on 7-1/2" spacing start the process by slicing residue. The 22" blades run on a 1-3/4" gang bolt with cast spools, putting the weight “in the gang” for outstanding performance and reliability. The gang bearings are field-proven maintenance-free 211 bearings with cast housings mounted to our heavy-duty 1" x 3" C-shank standards. The coulter bar is hydraulically adjustable for on-the-go depth control.
Models available are 9-15 shank rigid or 7-23 shank folding with a recommended horsepower requirement of 30 hp per shank. Units can be equipped with either standard chisel shanks throughout, or toggle trip parabolic shanks. The heavy-duty toggle trip shanks trip at 2,450 pounds, ensuring consistent depth up to 12" deep with uniform horizontal fracture. Rear attachment options include the choice of a “buster bar” to level and smooth the ground or our Great Plains chopper wheels to crumble clods while firming the soil.
There are other coulter chisels available on the market… but there is only one Turbo-Chisel!
- Available Shank Combinations - Order the Turbo-Chisel the way you want it with two different shank combinations: Standard Chisel or Heavy Parabolic (pictured).
- Exclusive Maintenance-Free Bearings - Great Plains uses the exclusive PEER® TILLXTREME® Maintenance-Free Pillow-Block Bearings in its gangs, as well as smaller TILLXTREME Maintenance-Free Bearings in its rolling attachments.
- Toggle-Trip Reset Shank - The Heavy-Duty Toggle Trip Shank has a 2,450-pound horizontal trip force and will automatically reset when tripped.
- Turbo Coulters - The turbo design allows the blade flute to attack the residue vertically, providing improved cutting and penetration with decreased hairpinning.
- Tires: 12.5Lx15 / 12-ply (4)
- Coulters: (Spacing) 7.5"
- Shank Spacing: 15"
- Tilling Width: 11'3"
- Transport Width: 11'6"
- Weight: (Approx. Lbs.) 8,080
- Wings: (Center Section) 10'
- PTO/HP Required: Option 20: 20hp per shank / Option 26: 30hp per shank
- (Approx. Lbs.) 8,080